Holiday Traditions with Target #sintraducción

December 1, 2015

The Holidays are upon us and it is very important for me and my family to keep our traditions during the best time of the year...


This time of the year is extremely special for me because of all the memories I've created with my loved ones. Being Puerto Rican, the things that I remember the most during this time of year are the parrandas (Christmas Carols) at 3 in the morning and all the relajo (partying) from my friends and family. During the parrandas, as soon as we hear the melody venimos desde lejos pa' levantarte a ti (we come from far away to wake you up) with the panderos and maracas (musical instruments) it means that we have to leave our beds and get up to get out all the snacks and drinks. And that's how we know that the Holidays have begun.  

On the night of Noche Buena (Christmas Eve), we like to wear our matching pajamas and wait for the arrival of El Niño Jesús (Baby Jesus). Some of our Christmas Eve traditions include baking cookies, drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows and taking tons of photos under the tree. Target is definitely one of my go-to places to find our Christmas items, I mean how adorable is that striped onesie? I love that you can also find everything in one place; clothes, home decor items, mugs, you name it!

 No matter where I am at in the world, I love to keep my family traditions alive in my own home. The holidays are truly a special time to share with our loved ones. What are some of your favorite family traditions? Share them with me in the comments! Wishing you all a happy Holiday season! ¡Feliz Navidad!  


Don't forget to join the #SinTraducción Guest Program to find blogging opportunities and continue the fun! 

 
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target. All opinions are my own.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!