Midwest Fashion Week Fall 2014: Friday Night Runway Show Highlights + Recap

October 31, 2014




Just in case you haven't seen my Midwest Fashion Week Day 1 Recap (here), this past week I had the opportunity to attend the Midwest Fashion Week Fall 2014 runway shows at the Indianapolis Artsgarden. I attended the Thursday and Friday night shows and today I will be sharing my experience and favorite looks from Friday night. The hosts of the night were Barry Lantz of Lantz Design and Consulting and Jade Newton of Ms. Indiana US 2014! The designers showcased on Friday night included Bahar&Reza and Gunnar Deatherage from Project Runway.








The Friday night runway show started with the amazing designers Bahar & Reza, a husband and wife inspired by the ancient art and poetry of Persia. Their goal is to bring textures and pattern of the old Persia to modern design. I certainly fell in love with all the patterns and my favorite designs were the three dresses above.



Zhi Zhu



Zhi Zhu presented an edgy and modern collection for both men and women. His designs featured fun patterns and leather details. 






Another one of my favorite designers of the night was Poppy Seeds. Danisha Brown, the designer, is from Indianapolis and her goal is to help women feel beautiful. She presented a beautiful collection that included pops of color, beautiful patterns and vintage inspired swimwear.






Diamond Girl Fashions presented a trendy collection that included beautiful crop-tops and midi skirts. I loved that when the Diamond Girl presentation came to an end, the designer surprised all the models by telling them they could keep the entire outfit they were modeling (how nice!).  





You might recognize this designer from my Thursday night recap! Maryam Garba showcased more of her stunning designs on the Friday night runway show. Her goal is to make women's work-wear more exciting as she is definitely doing just that.






Pierre Phillips Shoes presented a beautiful shoe and handbag collection that included gorgeous heels and boots for women and unique shoes for men. I loved all the fringe details on the boots and the studded gold heels.

Semoner Designs



Semoner Designs showcased a collection that incorporated both casual dresses and beautiful formal gowns. The collection incorporates a lot of gold and peplum details as well as African inspired prints.





Another one of my favorite designers of the night! Couture by Danny Nguyen. His designs are both elegant and sophisticated. I loved how all the dresses have very unique details and beautiful prints.



The designer, Gunnar Deatharage from Project Runway, presenting his collection! 





Gunnar Deatherage, a contestant of seasons 9 and 10 of Project Runway, surprised us with a unique collection that included metallic prints and sequin details. 


The Friday night runway show was a lot of fun for me and I'm so glad I got to experience Midwest Fashion Week for two days. The designers, models, photographers and fellow bloggers that I met were all amazing and I can't wait to attend the next season of Midwest Fashion Week! 

 The sweet blogger behind Indy Dressed

 Jade Newton, The co-host of the night and Ms. Indiana US 2014! 

The stylish lady behind the fashion blog Mimosas and Cashmere.

What I'm Wearing: H&M Shift Dress// Charlotte Russe Shoes (similar here) // H&M Bag


Happy Friday! 
xoxo, Diana

Photography by Claudio Figueroa

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!