Midwest Fashion Week Fall 2014: Thursday Night Runway Show Recap

October 27, 2014




This past week I had the opportunity to attend the Midwest Fashion Week for the very first time! I am still so impressed by all the talented designers, models, photographers and everyone that was present. I attended the Thursday and Friday fashion shows at the Indianapolis Artsgarden and I wanted to share my experience and favorite looks. The Thursday night presentation showcased five designers including- Modahnik by Kahindo Mateene from Project Runway and Catou by Berny Martin, the CEO and Founder of Midwest Fashion Week.


The evening got started with the amazing host, Jon Bausman from Real Scene TV! He was really entertaining and talked a little bit about the mission and vision behind the Midwest Fashion Week. After that, the MFW live runway show got started!





Maryam Garba Designs started the Thursday night runway show with her amazing work-wear inspired designs. The vision behind her designs is to make women's work-wear more exciting. My favorite were these two dresses! They're so versatile and you can take them from the office to a date night by just adding a few different pieces.





Lanae Monique Shelton presented her clothing line Lanae Monique Designs! Lanae Monique is a contemporary fashion designer that desires to inspire the Midwest residents with her innovative designs. I loved the prints and textures of her designs, like the buttoned up blouse and the beautiful silk dress.





One of my favorite designers of the night showcased her collection Allusions, a luxury swimwear collection that showcases the high waist swimsuit design. A. Lekay, the designer, has the vision to make swimwear that is both sexy and appropriate for all body types. My personal favorite designs were these two, there's something about the prints and colors that I really love!  






Berny Martin, who is also the CEO and Founder of Midwest Fashion Week, showcased designs from Catou, a line of professional fashion wear. His company was named after his grandmother, who inspired him to pursue his passion for design. Berny Martin's goal is to create sophisticated, casual and business wear for men and women. My personal favorites were these two menswear designs, both sophisticated and elegant! 






The last designer of the night was Kahindo Mateene, an extremely talented designer who is inspired by her travels across Europe, The Americas and Africa. Kahindo was a contestant on season 12 of Project Runway. Modahnik, her clothing line, is edgy, elegant and flirty and I definitely see myself wearing these three looks! 




I had an amazing time at Midwest Fashion Week! I really admire the vision that Berny Martin has for the Midwest fashion industry, which is to help Midwestern residents see that fashion is more than just clothes. Fashion is everywhere and affects everyone! 


What I'm Wearing: H&M Dress// Lulu's Shoes// Forever 21 Jewelry


I hope you guys enjoyed this post and stay tuned for my Midwest Fashion Week Day 2 Recap! 

Have a great day!
xoxo, Diana

Photography by Claudio Figueroa

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!